#GAAyouth Forum 2017 – Saturday 28th October
Are you a GAA player aged 12 – 21 years old? Would you like to improve your performance as a player? Would you like to learn how to balance the demands of study and sport? Would you like to get inside the minds of some of the top Inter-County players in the country?
If so, apply to attend the FREE #GAAyouth Forum supported by Sky Sports! The #GAAyouth Forum is designed by young players, for young players. The Forum will be a fun and informative with a mix of interactive exhibitions, workshops, high profile speakers and a Q&A session.
With workshops designed for three specific age-grades (12 – 15; 16 – 18; 19 – 21 years), players will leave the Forum having learned invaluable tips and tools that will help them to develop as a player and as a person.
There will be a number of activities at the Forum including:
• Exhibition Zone – interactive demos about everything from preparing healthy lunches to hurley care and repair!
• Plenary Session – Diarmuid ‘Gizzy’ Lyng will open the 2017 #GAAyouth Forum with the assistance of musicians from Rhythm Corporation.
• Workshops – experts, coaches and players including Orlagh Farmer, Ciarán Kilkenny, David Herity, Juliet Murphy and Cathal Cregg will address a range of issues from Fuelling Performance to Injury Prevention & Recovery to Juggling the Demands in a young player’s life.
• Lunchtime Laughs with Rory’s Stories – Rory O’Connor brings his renowned characters to life in an interactive comedy gig!
• Q&A – A range of experts and high profile players will answer your questions on a number of topics.
• Lunch Hub – Keep the energy levels high and enjoy the best grub Croke Park has to offer… all for free!
The Forum takes place on Saturday 28th October. Registration is from 9.30am, the Forum commences at 11am and concludes at 4.30pm. For the full line-up of workshops and speakers so far please download the agenda at http://www.gaa.ie/my-gaa/getting-involved/gaa-youth.
This FREE event will fill up fast so make sure to apply online asap!
How to Apply:
600 delegate places are up for grabs for male and female players in three age groups: 12 – 15 (Junior Cert Cycle); 16 – 18 (Leaving Cert Cycle) and 19 – 21. The online application process is NOW OPEN at gaa.ie (http://www.gaa.ie/my-gaa/getting-involved/gaa-youth) and there are two ways to apply:
• Online Application by an Individual
A young player can complete an individual application form online and identify an adult in their Club who endorses their application.
• Online Application by a Club
A Club can complete an application form to nominate a young player/s from the Club to attend the Forum (max. 4 players, ages 12 – 21).
The closing date for applications is Friday 6th October and successful applicants will be informed by Friday 20th October.