Here is our New Louth GAA Scene – Each week we will keep you updated on the Club and County scene from the Wee County
If you wish to include any item of interest in future articles, please e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 6pm on Monday.
Leinster G.A.A. U-13 & U-15 Cross County Football & Hurling Leagues 2019
In 2019 once again, our Leinster GAA Games Development Committee chaired by Iar-Uachtarán Liam O’Neill, aim to provide more games, more games of a similar standard and also to lengthen the playing season around the province, therefore giving players more exposure to GAA for longer each year. In doing this we aim to increase participation, combat drop off and improve standards.
Due to the heavy snow in the early part of 2018, when the country came to a standstill we lost a full round of games which made it very difficult to complete some competitions. There is nothing any one could have done about this, but some later games were called off due to rain and unplayable pitches and we want to try avoid this in 2019. Taking this into consideration, we have taken the step that should a venue be unplayable, Leinster GAA will be block booking a number of astro turf venues throughout the province, which will be the alternative venue for any game which falls foul to the weather.
With the above change and the alterations from your feedback regarding deposits, gradings and distance travelled in the last two years, we endeavour to have a more definite calendar which provides games for players and clubs in the early part of the year.
- We have decided based on feedback this year to divide all teams into divisions in the North and South of the Province based on gradings advice from our County Coiste na nÓgs. Each division will be made up of groups of four, therefore giving each club three games at their own standard in their region. Following this, the top team in each group will proceed to the Provincial Cup semi-final and finals day and the second placed team in each group proceed to the Provincial Shield semi-final and finals day. This allows us to cut down on travel and try to provide games of a similar standard throughout the competition.
i.e. Cup Semi Finals: 1st place in Div 1 Group A vs 1st place in Div 1 Group B
1st place in Div 1 Group C vs 1st place in Div 1 Group D
i.e. Shield Semi Finals: 2nd place in Div 1 Group A vs 2nd place in Div 1 Group B
2nd place in Div 1 Group C vs 2nd place in Div 1 Group D
- 2 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 0 points for a loss
- Head to head followed by score difference to decide placings
- Leinster GAA and home teams County Board are responsible for appointment of referee
- All games will be fixed for Saturdays, u13 at 1pm and u15 at 2.30pm, but should both clubs agree an alternative date the home team are responsible for appointment of a replacement referee for the refixture and notify Leinster CCC of all changes.
- Home team responsible for payment of €35 to referee
- All results to be returned by home team to email@example.com on the day
- All refixed games must be played before 10th of March, league standings will be decided on 10th of March
- All semi-finals and finals to be played as part of Leinster GAA Cross County Finals Festivals at Centres of Excellence throughout the province.
- All teams must pay a deposit of €250 to enter and must play all games to receive a refund
- u13 is 13-a-side but provision can be made for games to be 11-a-side if the need arises
- All games 30 minutes per half
- u13 size 4 football & sliotar to be used
- u13 to use small goals and pitch size from 13m line to opposite 13m line. Full width.
- Unlimited substitutions
- u15 is 15-a-side but provision can be made for games to be 11/13-a-side if the need arises
- All games 30 minutes per half
- u15 size 5 football & sliotar to be used
- u15 Full size pitch
- Unlimited substitutions
How to Enter
Please fill in the application form by copying and pasting the link below to our website.
Please note no team will be entered until the deposit of €250 (made payable to Leinster GAA) is posted to Hannah Horan, Cross County Leagues, Áras Laighean, Portlaoise, Co. Laois
The following were the prize winners in our Christmas Draw. Well done to all and thanks especially to our sellers for making this a very successful draw.
1st Kia Stonic Car – Lisa McShane, The Hamlet, Dromiskin. Seller – Tommy Yore (Sellers prize meal voucher)
2nd Mediterranean Cruise – Mary McQuillan, Mooretown, Dromiskin. Seller – Brian McQuillan.
3rd Weekend Away for Two – Claire O’Connor, Dromena, Dromiskin. Seller – Paddy O’Connor
4th €500 Voucher Centra, Dromiskin – Paddy Farrelly, Little Road, Dromiskin. Seller – Paddy Farrelly
5th €500 Voucher Mulligans, Dromiskin – Jimmy Myles, Tallanstown. Seller – Darren Finnegan
6th €500 Voucher McDonalds Oil, Dromiskin – Rory Staunton, Mooretown, Dromiskin. Seller – Killian Staunton
7th €250 Voucher Chemist, Dromiskin – Kevin Mackin, Dromiskin – Seller – Ticket Sales, Centra
8th €250 Voucher Country Fresh, Dundalk – Patrick Toner, Inniskeen – Seller – Ticket Sales, Centra
9th €250 Voucher Country Fresh, Dundalk – Matso Matthews, Church View, Dromiskin – Seller – Noel McCartney
10th €250 Voucher Michael Lynchs, Dundalk – Paul Egan, Seabrook, Dromiskin – Seller – Declan Costello
The GAA National Club Draw tickets are on sale. Prizes include holidays, car, All Ireland Final tickets, vouchers.
All proceeds from sales go to club funds. Tickets on sale from any player or committee member. Priced €10.
There will be a Christmas Party held for all juveniles and their families at The Clubhouse on Sunday 16th December between 4pm-6pm. There will be a special visit from Santa Claus! Hope to see you all there.
Know Your Sport Competition Winner
After much ticking and bashing on the entry forms, we are delighted to announce an early Christmas present for our Know Your Sport forecast winner.
In a tight contest, two O’Raghallaighs legends and former teammates finished top of the pile with a score of 170. Step forward crystal ball gazers Barry Murtagh and Niall Moroney.
They managed to hold off the chasing pack of David Sheehan, Robbie Sweeney, Conor McCabe, Ruairi O’Reilly, Sean Daly, Mark Quinn and Janet Griffin on 160 points and the third placed grouping on 150 points containing Iggy McGuigan, Denis Nawn, Declan McCabe, Garerth Monaghan, Ciaran Brassil, Anne McCann, Terry Duffy, Ann Carolan, Fionan O’Suilleabhain, Ken Milne, Robert Morgan, Marie Quinn, Kevin Ward, Shane Loughran and Laura Black.
All other entrants crossed the line on 140 or under and it’s fair to say Equestrianism is a subject lacking experts in this part of the globe, with no one correctly picking this year’s Aga Khan trophy winners (Mexico).
But, just like the Aga Khan, there can be only one winner and, as often happened on the training pitch many moons ago, it came down to a one-on-one between ace sharpshooter and steady netminder. Dublin have been shooting the lights out for the last number of seasons and this year racked up an aggregate total of 220 points on the scoreboard, just slightly too much in our tie break for Stavros (257) and more than plenty for Barry (200).
Congratulations Barry Murtagh, our Know Your Sport Prediction Winner for 2018.
Thank you all for participating and contributing to a memorable year for our Under 14 squad.
It’s the final week in St. Oliver’s, Blackrock of the Schools Training Programme this Friday. We will have a break over the Christmas period with the programme commencing again in our 3 schools in the New Year. Our thanks to Frank Lynch & Company, https://twitter.com/FrankLynchCo , for kindly supporting and sponsoring this important initiative.
It is also the final week of our Juvenile Winter Development Programme @ DkIT before we break for Christmas. If unsure of your time slot please refer to your coach.
These programmes, initiatives and events are only ever possible by the support of our parents, coaches and mentors and we are sincerely grateful for their continued commitment. So much thanks to all coaches, mentors, parents and volunteers who make themselves available to aid continued development and ensure an enjoyable experience is had by all.
Looking for some Christmas present inspiration, then visit our online shop for a great selection of kit and leisurewear https://www.oneills.com/shop-by-team/gaa/ireland/geraldines-gfc.html