Louth Poc Fada Finals – 2017
The Louth Poc Fada finals will take place on Annaverna Mountain, Ravensdale on Wednesday 21st June. 4 Categories will run as in previous years: Snr Hurling, Snr Camogie, U16 Hurling & U16 Camogie, with the shorter 2.5km course being used by all categories.
Registration will begin at 6pm with the first category heading out at approx. 6.20pm. The shorter course will be use
Snr Hurling – Poc to An Gabhlan and back again
U16 Hurling – Poc to An Gabhlan
Snr Camogie – Poc to the Ravine and back
U16 Camogie – Poc to the Ravine
- Each Player must be pre-registered with Louth Coaching & Games by Tuesday 20th June at 5pm. Unregistered players that arrive on the evening of the event will not be allowed to partake in the competition
- Each Player must provide a spotter and scorer. Failure to do so will result in exclusion from the competition.
- Sliothars will be provided by Louth C&G’s for the Hurlers & Louth Camogie for the Camogie – 2 sliothars per player.
- When crossing the Ravine, players must do so between the two large boulders on the furthest side on the course on the way out.
- U16 Hurling Only – if a Sliothar lands inside the boundary of the Ravine, the player will have 2 attempts to Poc out of it. A 3rd attempt must be taken from the drop zone at the top of the Ravine.
- For Snr Hurling & Camogie Participants Only – each participant must clear the half-way point with their Poc. The distance past the half-way point will be measured (in line with the course) and added to the return leg of the course to distinguish the starting point of the return leg.
- Where a player on the outward leg of the course meets a player on the return leg of the course, both players are directed to pass on the left-hand side of the course
- The Louth GAA Organisers decision is final.