Please find below a link to the new Garda EVetting systems which is now live. We had intended on hosting an information night sooner than this, but due to the unavailability of the larger room in Darver we have had to postpone it until Wednesday the 1st of June.
I have also attached a Garda E-Vetting identification form, please see further instructions below.
Step By Step
1. The applicant clicks the link above, which opens an online form. This is to be filled out with as much information as possible, including all the sections marked with the red asterisk*
2. Towards the end of this first form you will be asked to verify your identity. There are two ways to do this
(A) Fill out the attached Garda ID Vetting form and hand it to your Clubs Children’s Officer, with a copy of a photographic ID and a utility bill. The Club Children’s Officer holds on to this information until the applicant has been vetted, then this documentation must be securely destroyed or passed back to the applicant.
(B) Or you can show this documentation to your Club Children’s Officer, then scan it in and attach it to the application as noted in the last point on the online form.
3. Please note the acceptable form of Identification are listed on the attachment also, you will see that each item has a score marked beside it, you must provide Identification up to a minimum score of 100.
4. When you complete the form and hit ‘Submit’ it will generate a reference number, you will then receive an email with a document similar to the second attachment above, this will contain all your details along with your application reference number. Your own club Secretary will also receive an email and this time to inform them that you have applied for Vetting under that Clubs name.
5. The information you submitted will then be verified by the Louth GAA Garda Clerical Officer, who will in turn email you back one further and final online form to complete. Please be advised that you must have access to the email address provided on the first form as this will be used for all correspondence to you from either the GAA or the Garda Siochana.
6. Applicants under the age of 18 and over the age of 16 will also have to fill out a Parent Consent Form, this will be needed when filling out the final form. (third attachment above)
7. Upon receipt of this final form the GAA Garda Vetting office will process your application. As noted above any replies or queries will be emailed ONLY to the address you submitted on the first form.
8. When your application is successful, your Garda Vetting Clearance letter will be emailed to both you and your Club Secretary. At this time your club Secretary must contact your Club Children’s Officer and inform them of the decision. At this time the Club Children’s Officer must either return the ID documents of Securely destroy them.
It may seem like a complicated process, but after processing a few of these, it will become very easy. Please feel free to email me any questions or indeed call me on 0876487466 any time 7 days a week and I will guide you through the process.
Is Mise Stiofán
Stiofán Ó’Conchúir/Stephen O’Connor
Oifigeach Na Nóg, Coiste Chontae Lú/Louth GAA Childrens Officer
Tel: 0429376872 Mob: 0876487466
Twitter @louthgaa or facebook.com/LOUTHGAAOFFICIAL