JP McManus Charitable Foundation Donation
As you are all aware, the JP McManus Charitable Foundation has made a donation of €1,000,000 to all Counties in Ireland.
As advised by JP, this donation is to be evenly divided and distributed, through the good offices of the County Management Committee of Louth GAA, amongst the GAA, Camogie and Ladies Gaelic Football clubs of the county.
There are few organizations that have done more than the GAA for the advancement of communities, both rural and urban. This gesture is intended to assist clubs throughout Louth to further develop their games and activities for the benefit of their communities, and our donation is to be wholly applied in the pursuit and facilitation of all or some of the following purposes, as the clubs continue to:-
• Promote civic responsibility and volunteerism at all levels within the clubs,
• Advance community welfare including the relief of those in need by reason of youth, age, ill-health or disability,
• Advance community development including rural and urban regeneration,
• Promote the physical and mental health wellbeing of their members and players of all ages, with the purpose of preventing sickness, disease and human suffering,
• Promote the Irish language, music, song and dance, and
• Assist in the integration of those who are disadvantaged and the promotion of their full participation in society.
Following a series of meetings and meetings with the Louth Camogie Association and Louth Ladies Gaelic Football Association we wish to confirm the list of GAA, Camogie and LGFA Clubs in Louth who will receive a share of the donation.
On behalf of the Louth GAA Management committee I would like to thank both Louth Camogie Association and Louth Ladies Gaelic Football Association management committee members for their cooperation during these meetings and we look forward to working with them in the future.
Photo Credit: Getty Images